One way of obtaining a green card is through the employment. Each fiscal year congressionally regulated amount of immigrant visas is made available to the aliens seeking to immigrate based on their job skills. If you possess certain skills, education or work experience, you may apply to live permanently in the U.S. Below you will find listed the different employment-based categories:

EB-1 Extraordinary Ability

reserved for the individuals who can demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics through sustained national and international acclaim. The criteria are very stringent, and your achievements must be supported by extensive documentation. You may also qualify under this category if you are an outstanding professor or researcher as well as a multinational manager and or executive.

EB-2 Advanced Degree

if you a member of professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent (baccalaureate plus 5 (five) years of progressive work experience in the field) or if you have exceptional ability, considered as a degree or expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the sciences, art and business, you may apply for the green card under this category.

EB-3 Skilled Worker and Professionals

is a catch-all category, and applies to you, if you are either a professional, skilled or unskilled worker. However, here, you must successfully prove a shortage of qualified workers in the U.S. for the work you are performing.

EB-4 National Interest Waiver

reserved for special immigrants, and may apply to you, if you are a religious worker, a broadcaster, Iraqi/Afghan translator, Iraqi who have assisted the U.S., physician, Member of Armed Forces or International Organization Employee.

EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program

created by Congress in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through a job creation and capital investment by foreign investors.

If you are interested in learning more about how we can help you with your immigration matter, please contact us today.